At HNC, we offer an outstanding classroom experience backed up by an extensive range of support services to help you thrive during your time with us.
Learning Support Centre
Our Learning Support Centre (LSC) is open to all students and offers a range of specialist support to assist you with additional learning support and study skills.
Get support with:
– Hearing impairments
– Visual impairments
– Physical and mobility difficulties
– Mental health conditions
– English as a second language
The LSC can also support you in developing the skills to manage your workload effectively. Get support with:
– Study skills
– Catching up on work
Our team of specialist careers experts will support you in working towards your career ambitions, whatever they might be. As a student, you can expect a dynamic package of support which includes:
– One-to-one careers appointments
– Career focused tutorials and talks
– Access to quality work placements
– Interview preparation and much more!
As a student at HNC, you will have a Progress Tutor who you meet with weekly for a group tutorial session. These sessions cover topics such as life skills and your options after college.
The support you can expect from your Progress Tutor includes:
– One-to-one meetings
– Support with planning your next steps
– Support with applications for university, apprenticeships and employment
– Acting as a link between the College and your parent(s)/carer(s)
– Promoting opportunities in and outside of College that will help you to thrive
Our Student Well-being service is in place to help ensure that you are happy and healthy during your time at HNC. We have two full-time Student Well-being specialists who are available for one-to-one appointments. From mental health and physical health to sexual health and bereavement, they can support you with a wide range of issues.